What Song Would You Sing on Idol?



Nelly Furtado: I would sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" just to be different.

Neil Patrick Harris: "Rocket Man" by Elton John. It has good range. It tells a bit of a story but it's not so straight on the nose like I'm singing about long-lost love or something. And Elton John is pretty kick-ass.

Deborah Gibson: I would sing "Lost in Your Eyes" so I could get the royalty check since I wrote it. No, really, I would sing something by Richard Marx because his melodies are amazing and then there's no pressure to sound like the original artist because he's a man. I think the biggest mistake (contestants) make is singing a song by someone of the same sex who they can't hold a candle to. So I'd probably sing "Right Here Waiting for You." Something simple and melodic.

Katie Couric: "Faithless Love" by Linda Ronstadt.

Andy Roddick: I don't sing. If I ever did something musical for a girl it would not end up in me getting her. It would end up in her walking away. I wish I was musical. I am so jealous of people who can sing. Maybe if they had Menudo night or Bananarama with some fun 80s music, I could get away with something.

No comments: